2020 Law School Orientations on Professionalism
Each year, the Chief Justice’s Commission on Professionalism and the State Bar of Georgia Committee on Professionalism hold Law School Orientations at each of Georgia’s five law schools. The orientations are designed to provide incoming 1Ls with their first introduction to professionalism. Georgia lawyers and judges are invited to serve as “Group Leaders” during the orientations to help students learn the meaning of professionalism and why it is important for them as law students.
The dates and times for the small breakout group sessions for the 2020 Law School Orientations are as follows(TENTATIVE in red; CONFIRMED in green) (as of 07-02-20 updates):
- Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School, Saturday, August 15,2020
- Emory University School of Law, Thursday August 13, 2020, 1:15-3:15 pm for breakout sessions; 12 Noon – 1:00 pm for Group Leader Training (via Zoom)
- Georgia State University College of Law, August 11, 12, or 13, 2020 (Exact Date TBD)
- Mercer University, School of Law, Friday, August 14, 2020
- University of Georgia School of Law, Friday 14, 2020, 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm (virtually for Group Leaders. No Group Leaders will be on campus).
Unless otherwise noted, the confirmed times do NOT include the times for the Group Leader trainings, only for the small group professionalism breakout sessions.
Please note that because of concerns about COVID-19, the dates and/or the format of the Law School Orientations on Professionalism are subject to change. If the orientations are held virtually, Group Leaders may need to participate via WebEx or Zoom using a computer link on a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
At this time until June 10th, the Chief Justice’s Commission on Professionalism is recruiting volunteers to serve as Group Leaders for the 2020 Law School Orientations on Professionalism. Volunteers who are selected to serve as Group Leaders will be notified in July.
We look forward to welcoming judges, attorneys, and law students at the 2020 Law School Orientations.
If you have questions, please contact Karlise Y. Grier at email@example.com.