2020 Law School Orientations on Professionalism
Each year, the Chief Justice’s Commission on Professionalism and the State Bar of Georgia Committee on Professionalism hold Law School Orientations at each of Georgia’s five law schools. The orientations are designed to provide incoming 1Ls with their first introduction to professionalism. Georgia lawyers and judges are invited to serve as “Group Leaders” during the orientations to help students learn the meaning of professionalism and why it is important for them as law students.
The dates and times for the small breakout group sessions for the 2020 Law School Orientations are as follows(CONFIRMED in green) (as of 07-31-20 updates)
• Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School, Saturday, August 15, 2020, Group Leader Training from 9:30 am – 10:50 am; Breakout Sessions from 11:05 am – 12:45 pm. (The Orientation will take place VIRTUALLY via Zoom)
• Emory University School of Law, Thursday August 13, 2020, Group Leader Training from 12 Noon – 1:00 pm; Breakout Sessions from 1:15 pm – 3:15 pm (via Zoom)
• Georgia State University College of Law, August 11, 2020, VIRTUALLY via WebEx, Group Leader Training from 5:00 pm – 5:50 pm; Breakout Sessions from 6:00 pm – 4:00 pm
• Mercer University, School of Law, Friday, August 14, 2020, beginning at 2:30 pm (VIRTUALLY! Updated on 07-23-20). Mercer will have professionalism material that is UNIQUE for Mercer this year. More details on the Mercer material and agenda are coming soon.
• University of Georgia School of Law, Friday, August 14, 2020, Group Leader Training from 1 pm – 2:15 pm; Breakout Sessions from 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm (VIRTUALLY via Zoom for Group Leaders. No Group Leaders will be on campus).
Unless otherwise noted, the confirmed times do NOT include the times for the Group Leader trainings, only for the small group professionalism breakout sessions.
Group Leaders should plan to participate via WebEx or Zoom using a computer link on a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
We look forward to welcoming judges, attorneys, and law students at the 2020 Law School Orientations.
If you have questions, please contact Karlise Y. Grier at email@example.com.